If you read the blog regularly, you know that I’ve been tackling my sewing room. It’s still not done…Last week I didn’t get any time to do anything up there but…I shifted gears and did some work on the main floor.
Carver was at my house four days and two overnights. On Thursday we both had enough of each other. He asked if he could watch TV and I said, “Sure”…and that was the start to the changes I made on the main floor.
I started with the childcare stuff. I hadn’t parred down and gotten things to a “grandma” level of toys. I started with cribs. I had two on the main floor. Nope. I don’t need two. I did end up keeping one after calling Kayla and she said she preferred having one on the main floor for when Jasper visits..so I kept one. The other I gave back to the family that borrowed it to me. Then I realized I had another crib in the basement. I messaged one of my childcare parents to see if their new childcare provider wanted it…she did. Then asked if she wanted a table…she did…then I ask..and then we came to the conclusion she’d take whatever I wanted to get rid of. Hallelujah. That was awesome. That gave me just the motivation I needed to clean stuff out.
Carver wasn’t so hot on some of the toys finding new homes. I’d have to sneak stuff into a box so he didn’t see. We ended up putting aside several toys for him to take home.
By the time I finished, the back of the pickup and the front seat were full of things. I am so happy to have all that childcare stuff GONE! Honestly, I still have enough stuff that I could start a childcare but this much is an okay amount. What a can of worms I opened!!
From there I…. Continue reading