Last week I wasn’t feeling the best. I caught the cold that Kalissa’s house had. We’ve been really careful to not spread things with the childcare kiddos so I told the parents I had a cold and everyone decided they would figure things out and let me get over my cold in peace.
It was just what I needed…physically and mentally. I think I put myself on too much of a hamster wheel and I needed to get off. I had added so many things on my plate that I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the reason I got my cold was that I wasn’t taking any time for myself. It happens to us all from time to time. I’m better now…no lectures, please.
So…I slept in and took it easy. I got lots of things done that were on my list but nothing that took too much energy.
I got my taxes prepped for my tax person to finish…
That was easy to do…I sat at the table with a Kleenex box.
I did some touch-up work I’ve been wanting to get done. Nothing was taxing at all. (Except the taxes. Those were taxing. HA!)
I spruced up my frame on this…this is an old Country Threads pattern that I love.
See the big ding on the upper left?
My Old English Scratch Cover to the rescue….You can find it HERE on Amazon. This stuff is a miracle worker. Just rub it on and the scratches and scuffs are all better.
When I cleaned my sewing room I found these…They are monthly pieces I made years ago. The frames that all of them were in were beat up and not looking good from their time in storage so I pulled the frames out and gave them an updo.
All of it is hand embroidery. I loved making them…
I didn’t want this blue color so the frame all got painted with chalk paint.
Then they got roughed up with some sandpaper and then a coat of Aged Glaze by Rustoleum.
Here the frames after their spruce up. I popped the winter one in and then realized it’s not winter!! YAHOO!
Then I dug and found the March pieces. So cute. I am so sorry I don’t remember who designed these. I know in the past I’ve looked because I was hoping to find other designs by them but never found the company. If I remember right it was out of Texas and something about Needlecase or maybe Basketcase…I don’t remember.
Here is the large frame piece. I think I want to change out the background fabric.
I loved making these too.
The next task is to find a place to hang them. I’m thinking somewhere in the sewing room.
The next project was something simple in the downstairs bathroom.
After the new bathroom vanity was put in, I decided I didn’t want the towel bar there anymore. I have a basket with individual washcloths for drying hands instead. So I took the towel bar off and filled in the holes with spackle.
Then lightly sanded…
…and painted. Now you can’t tell a towel bar was ever there. YAHOO!!
Nothing big but a job I’m glad to have done.
Here was another job that nagged me. I have this wardrobe in the bathroom. It’s what I use for storage. I use to have the washcloths for hand drying in here. The kids would open the door and grab one. Can you see exactly where their hand went?? I sure could, and it bothered me.
It was rough so I sanded it down a little and made it even worse looking.
Then my Old English Scratch Cover to the rescue again! You can find it HERE on Amazon.
Just dampened my rag and wiped it on…all better. I tell you all the time, I love this stuff. It comes in both light and dark so if you have lighter wood, buy the lighter version.
Here it is hours later after it was dry. Can you even see where the problem was…nope.
Oh, I love this stuff.
Nothing that I did was hard or hindered my progress on getting over my cold. It sure did help my peace of mind though. It’s hard for me when too many little things go undone. Happily, I got many of the things off my list and I’m feeling better mentally and physically.