Remember that stack of quilts that Kelli brought home to be quilted. Well I decided I might as well start on an easy one….This was originally a Miss Rosie Schnibble pattern. I asked Kelli if she wanted to use it as a wall hanging. She said no. Then I suggested adding a border and making it big enough for a baby quilt by adding a border. She liked the idea so I was on the hunt for a good border fabric.
I was happy with the “up-sizing” and then was on the hunt for a backing. I rummaged around and found a 1 3/4 yard piece of fabric that I had found at the thrift store. Luckily with a little piecing is was big enough for a backing.
After getting it quilted I was on the hunt for a binding fabric. The red was a hard one to match so I scrimped and tweaked and was just able to get enough red to make enough binding of the border fabric.
We have a baby that is going to be getting this quilt. It seams to be baby season around here!!..and no, none of my kids.
Even though it’s a small quilt it sure is nice to have one more quilt finished.