Yesterday was a whirlwind with a capital “W”! We had all of the excitement of the new baby…and then all of the disappointment as Kramer went from good to not so good.
I had been worried on Monday as he seemed to be going downhill. We messaged the doctor. She talked to Kramer and she told us what to watch for. We did and none of those seemed to come up…still Monday night I didn’t feel so confident.
Kalissa and Craig were over for supper so I had Kalissa check him out. All of the numbers were okay. His vitals were okay.
Then Tuesday morning came. I was more worried than ever. I talked to him and he didn’t seem quite right. He didn’t make coffee. He didn’t even try to watch television but the worst. He was winded when he walked. I took his temp…no temp. I felt him and he seemed hot. What the heck?
Kalissa was coming over. She was going to leave Carver with me and go to the hospital to hang with Kelli. I caught her in the garage before she came into the house and filled her in what I thought. I told her to totally “go ER nurse” on him.
She did and we all agreed something had to be done. So Kalissa, still in ER nurse mode, called his doctor. They decided he needed to go to the local ER. Kalissa and I started deciding how this was going to go. I had five childcare kids at the house with two more on the way. Do I call them and close? What can Kalissa do? What can I do?
The consensus was that I would stay with the kids. Kalissa would take Kramer. She’s nursing Gannon so it was easier for it to work this way.
After testing at the local ER they sent him on to Lacrosse to his doctor team.
I was eagerly waiting for any info so I checked my phone whenever there was a ding. Normally I kind of ignore it….well some pictures from Kelli came…
How does a day be so happy and so worrisome all at once?? It was a real play on my emotions.Georgia Grace and her daddy.
Throughout the day I got messages from Kalissa updating me. We finally felt like we were going to actually find something out at 3pm. She called and said they were going to do a thoracentesis on Kramer. They numb him up and go down and get fluid off of where it’s pooling in his lung. It will be tested, x-rays will be done and that will determine if he has to stay there or not.
Well after waiting for an hour and 20 minutes they went back. They did the ultrasound only to find that it wasn’t necessary to do the tests. The ultrasound didn’t show that the x-ray did. Oh no. Now what?
Back to the doctor. They finally decided to treat him with some strong antibiotics. The hope is that the meds, rest and little time will fix the set back.
Ah…what a day! What a day! I’ll tell more in tonight’s blog post. I got to see Kelli’s baby!!