Some people have wardrobe malfunctions…me, I have quilt block malfunctions.
I was happily sewing along on my garden party blocks when my allotted sewing time ran out. It was time for bed for me…..
So I brought some pieces downstairs thinking I could work on them the next evening which I did. But then I went upstairs and started sewing after that. I ended up mixing my stacks and the pieces I thought were for the sashing in the block were actually part of the outside units of the block. BUMMER!!
I now have eight blocks that are partially finished that can’t be used for anything because I used the pieces for the outside units as the sashing in other blocks……
Unless I hit the jack pot when I dump out the 1 1/2″ scrap bucket where the strips originally came from I’ll be making more blocks. UGH. Here’s to hoping there will be some matching fabric hidden in this mess.
If there’s not it’s nothing tragic just a little set back…and goodness knows my blog readers keep me in fabric scraps so it’s not like I’ll be devastated if I don’t find a match….but I can’t pass up the opportunity to did through and look at all those fabrics again either.
So off I go for the big dig!! I’ll let you know what I come up with.