I was on a mission this week. Georgia’s, my granddaughter, quilt had to get finished. She’s starting preschool soon and needed a quilt or napping mat. I was making her a quilt. She had picked out a panel with unicorns and I was going to make some style of quilt using the panel.
I cut the pieces to 6 1/2″. I found this panel available via Amazon if you’re interested. You can find it HERE.
I made blocks using 2 1/2″ squares…I did some strip quilting too.
I used Lori Holt’s Spelling Bee book to make the letters. You can find the book HERE.
Before I knew it, I had a top…
I wanted to load it onto the longarm but this was already on there. UGH. It had to be finished first.
Next, I loaded Georgia’s quilt…Nothing fancy for quilting. It will be washed a lot so some simple loops with white thread on top and a blue thread on the back.
I pushed ahead and even got it bound. I’ll get some pictures taken and show it off on Saturday.
I did a little bit of other sewing. I made some more hourglass blocks…
…and ironed them.
I started some more True Blue blocks…
…and ironed them.
…and I got Gannon’s quilt put on the longarm. WHOOT! WHOOT!! It looks like I might make the deadline for his quilt too. It feels so good to see the end in sight when it comes to deadline projects.
Speaking of deadline projects, I have one coming up for American Patchwork and Quilting. It’s going to take some work…that’s for sure. Kelli is hoping to be here today and we’re going to attempt to power sew a pile of strings that we need for the quilt…all while watching the kids. Wish us luck. We’re going to need it.
I’ll be working on that project for much of next week. I don’t have a date for a deadline yet but I’m sure it’s not that far off. My fingers are crossed that they give up at least until October 1st. I’m going to need that.
That was this week and quilting. I hope you met some of your deadlines too.