I’ve done pretty well this week in the quilting department.
I got the Halloween quilt sent out on Monday. YAHOO!!
Before the quilt went out I filmed a video about the quilting motif I did on it. I call it Pumpkins on the vine. You can watch it here. If you aren’t into machine quilting but love dogs, you might want to watch the video. Our little Rosie makes a guest appearance. Just click and it will play or you can watch via Youtube HERE.
Here it is getting the final touches on the binding…I did an orange scrappy binding to include more of your scraps!
Many-many thanks to all of you who helped make the quilt happen. I can’t thank you enough for all the Halloween fabric you sent my way!!
A smart person might take a breath and enjoy a couple of days with no pressure of deadline quilts but not me. I put together another design and submitted it to American Patchwork and Quilting. This one is spring-like and I’m in love with it. I’ve had the design for a while but the measurements weren’t working out. I think the original design came about back in 2015 or so. Back then I was drafting quilts in the computer program WORD.
Fast forward to 2020 and I learned to use EQ. With Kayla’s help, we redrafted it using EQ. We were able to clean up some of the problem areas and I’m more in love with it than ever!!
So I submitted that and it was accepted right away. After it was accepted I had to get a fabric order in. I always try to get the fabric in ASAP so I can start before the deadline is super close.
While I wait for that, other quilting thing happened.
I got the center of the Spider Web string quilt together…
I love the red. With the center done, that means it was time to start working on the piano keyboard border…
It’s so awesome to have these strips already cut. All I had to do was pop the lid and start sewing.
This was my morning sewing project. I get up about 1/2 an hour earlier than I really need to and sew most weekday mornings. I love having an easy project like this to work on to start my day off. Plus I feel good all day long knowing I got a little bit of sewing in.
I ironed and cut the piano keyboard pieces oven nap then HAPPILY I got a snow day. We had terrible weather here on Thursday and I ended up having no childcare on Thursday AND Friday. So what did I do? SEW!!
Thursday I got the borders put on my Spider Web String quilt.
Then I got it loaded on the frame and started the quilting process. I am doing some custom quilting so it’s taking a bit longer. I’m hoping to have it all finished and ready to show you by Friday. YAHOO!!
I’m so close to having another one finished. I’m hoping I can show you pictures on Friday of a finished quilt. YAHOO!!
From there I checked out my UFO list. Hmm. What should be next?
I finished cutting up my shirts so I think next up will be a shirt quilt. I have three (I think) on my UFO list so that sounds perfect.
I also have my gray quilt that is on my UFO list. I did move that forward on the list a little bit. I took my Bella Solids chart and found a match for the gray fabric and ordered more. I’m still not sure how I’m going to finish these blocks but having the gray on hand will give me options.
While I was ordering I also got some purple fabric. Kelli asked me to make a doll quilt for Georgia for her birthday that coordinates with the baby quilt I made Georgia. That quilt used this shade of purple so I ordered that too.
The doll quilt for Georgia is on my immediate radar and so is the next deadline project. This one is a scrappy Christmas quilt. Watch for peeks of them coming up over the next couple of weeks.
That’s what is mostly happening in my sewing room!