I had a busy week and didn’t get a lot of stuff done. Kayla was here for two overnights. We celebrated Carver’s birthday one night. I visited a new baby and did errands one day. I submitted a project for publication. I got another one sent in and I did a BIG packaging up of charity quilt tops to be sent out.
So…my Hawk’s Nest quilt didn’t get any further.
I did however pull out my Quilted Twins mystery.
Do you remember what that looks like?
I had about three other things I should have been doing but one afternoon I decided I was going to get as far as I could on it. I ended up this far….
Originally when I picked it up I only had the first set of blocks done. Those are the blocks way to the left in the photo. I waded through the instructions. Oh my. That took me a long time. (Reminder to self-this is why I need to finish quilts at the time I’m working on them!!)
Then I got the alternate blocks done. Those are the ones with the red square in the middle. Then I got the sashing done….well not really, I got half of the sashing done. I didn’t have enough of the pieced strips so I have to make more of them.
I sewed the border blocks together one day…
Then at another sitting, I started the setting and corner triangles. They aren’t done yet.
But I’m closer and I’m going with that progress!!
I don’t know quite why but I really have an urge to keep working on these UFOs. I wish life would allow me to just lock myself in the sewing room for a month or two until I was done with all of the UFOs. They feel so much like baggage to me. I feel like if they were gone, I’d feel more creative. I know it’s weird but it’s so true.
This mystery really needs to get finished as there isn’t a spot in the cabinet to house it and to date, it’s just been sitting on the end of the ironing board and it makes using the ironing board a chore. So I sew. I even give up cross-stitch time to sew. That’s how dedicated I am to getting these UFO projects GONE!
Speaking of cross-stitch, I have made noticeable progress but not tons.
I had hoped I would get this project finished by October 1st and I can see that won’t happen. By October 31st…yes…but not the first. That’s the new goal….and it’s much more realistic.
That leaves me wondering what I’ll start next. Originally I thought I would stitch a Christmas sample next but now I’m wondering. Hmm. I have about 40 or so more days before I have to really worry about it…but I’m still going to keep thinking about it!!
That was this week. I have a lighter week coming up (at least so far) so I’m going to try to get as much done as I can!