It’s a good thing that I had a sick day or I would have gotten NOTHING in the crafty department done with week. I was gone for Scotty’s adoption. I had Georgia late and I had some visiting to do.
I told you I accomplished a lot of cross stitch stuff on Wednesday when I sat in the chair the entire day being sick.
First off, I finished this….
I didn’t have a lot of finish so it wasn’t a huge accomplishment.
This is #8 of the Sheep Virtues by Little House Needleworks. That one was supposed to be done in August…but I had to finish it up in September. That’s okay.
I had a bugger of time with the sheep body.
I looked and looked at the body but saw no rhyme or reason to the stitches. So, I ended up frustrated and didn’t really follow the chart. I just put in alternating colors here or there. (For those of you who don’t cross stitch, every symbol in a box represents a color.) I didn’t really follow the chart.
When Kelli came home I showed her what I did. She looked at me funny and said, “Mom, can’t you see the design in the sheep? It’s like a quilt block. There are two see?”
UGH. There is. I didn’t see it when I stitched it and honestly, I can’t really see it on the finished example either.
Can you? I don’t think there is a big enough contrast in the colors.
So Kelli asked it I was going to rip it out.
My “WISEDOM” is telling me no. Just leave it….and I’m going with that. If I hadn’t told you, you likely wouldn’t have noticed it….right??
So when I was sick on Wednesday I decided to get a start on the next Sheep Virtue. That one is “Friendship”….see?? I was a little frustrated that I was behind with month eight so thought to get going right away on month #9. I’m so afraid I’ll not finish these and I so want to.
Right away I knew I was going to change a few things. First…I’m not a purple girl. Second…I don’t like the spot where is says “1 + 1 = 2”. It’s under the pot in the middle. I’m also not a “button” girl.
I stitched and stitched that day tackling my changes one at a time. The button was easy. The “no purple” was easy. But once I didn’t put in the “1 + 1 = 2”, it looks empty.
I took a picture of it and sent it to Kelli.
My suggestion was to hook up the grass from sheep to sheep….Then I tried to stitch another heart there. UGH. That didn’t look right so I ripped it out.
I ended up with this.
I extended the pot in the middle down making it a bigger pot. I ended up liking the solution.
When I started stitching it on Wednesday morning, I didn’t imagine that by bedtime on Wednesday night, I’d have the entire thing finished!!
This is the VERY first one that I stitched that the entire border went together on my first try. I remember the first one I stitched. I was in the waiting room stitching while Kramer was having a biopsy done. That one was “Hope”. The border wouldn’t like up for me. I tried and tried…but I wouldn’t give up. I felt like if I did, I’d give up “Hope” for him to get better. I hated the linen….I hated everything about it but finally, it came together. Each one I stitch gets a little easier and things go a little more smoothly. I’m so glad as the first one I did was a real struggle.
So..now I am a few weeks ahead. I can stitch something else, or I can start the next Sheep Virtue and get started so I stay on time. The next one is “Kindness”.
This is one of my favorites of the bunch..in fact the last three are.
I can say this…cross stitch came back into my life just when I needed it most.
Georgia’s quilt didn’t get any attention this week. Oh well. Good thing I’m making it big so she can use it as a one year old!!!
So that’s what I’ve been up to. My niece Jody is back in the hospital. Her metastasized cancer has been creating a lot of problems for her. If I don’t blog a day…no worries about me, I’m with her.