I have lots of projects that are close to being done. When I work on so many projects at once, that often I’ll go quite awhile with no finishes and then all of a sudden I’ll have several projects done at once. That was the case on Friday night…the projects came together and I had lots of quilt top finishes.
Hubby is gone nights now and often not home until 9pm or later so I have lots of free time to do whatever….and my “whatever” is typically sewing. Pumpkin Patch became a top. I’m really happy with it.
I’m hoping to get it on the frame tonight and quilted. Dare I hope that by the end of the week it’s all completely finished and bound. Stay tuned for then. I’ll tell you some more details about it. I will say that the pattern is in Quiltmaker magazine for those who want to know that.
That pieced border took a bit but wasn’t bad. I had lots of fun working on this.
I also finished up the last borders on this top and got it all ironed. This is the second quilt I’ve make of this. The original went to Hubby’s great niece Amber. This one is heading off to be published in an upcoming magazine. Here it is….
When cleaning in my sewing room I found this partially finished quilt top. Last year I made an identical quilt and donated it to the firemen’s benefit here in town. All that needed to be done on this was to piece the outside checkerboard border. That is now finished and set aside. I’ll machine quilt it when I need it either as a firemen benefit donation or for a baby quilt.
Saturday I loaded the neutral quilt that will be sent out for publication onto the frame and worked on that…next up, I am going to quilt the pumpkin quilt. I want to enjoy that while fall is still here.
Kelli gave me more black for my spider web string quilt so I’m hoping that might get some attention next. It’s a fun time in my sewing room now…I have lots of extra time and lots of projects that are close to a finish!!