I’ve had a busy Thanksgiving weekend. I didn’t feel well on Thursday night. I went to bed hoping to feel better in the morning. Our daughter Kayla had stayed on and was going to caring for Carver here at my house, but with me not feeling well we thought it might be best if Kayla watch him at Kalissa’s house so that was the plan.
I woke feeling quite a bit better but still wanted to take it slow. That’s when I remembered the first clue to the mystery would likely be up. I went to check it out and was over joyed to see the first clue. I knew I had some units just like that in a pile of orphan blocks. I found them, counted them and made myself a note. I only had 27 but that a good start and also a good feeling to know that they were going to get used up.
From there I dug out the neutral 2″ strips from my 2″ scrap box.
I could tell by then that I was feeling fine. Rather than the flu that I suspected that I had, I think I had a case of “eating too many different foods” and an unhappy tummy.
Kayla and I, along with Carver, decided to go thrifting.
Saturday morning I was back to mystery sewing. I sewed all of my strip sets together and ironed them.
I thought I would take them to the kitchen island and leave them sit hoping that I’d get to them over nap time one day and I could trim them into 2″ segments, but they were too tempting. I ended up cutting them up.
This is where they sat though. I still have one more charity quilt to machine quilt and my goal was to have them all done by the time the mystery started. I didn’t quite make it but I’m not giving up on my goal.
Hey…come back here tomorrow morning. I will have six antique quilts on the blog that will be for sale. I’m helping out a lady who owns them by trying to sell them here. Even if you’re not a buyer, you might enjoy the eye candy.