I didn’t have a lot of time to work on UFOs this week. In fact, I didn’t think I would have any progress at all and then I said – Nope. The goal this year is some forward progress every single week even if it’s only a little bit of progress..and a little bit is what I had.
Last week I had put the final stitches into my Texas Braid quilt to make it into a top. This week…being I didn’t have much time, I opted to do something that I could do quickly so I pulled strips for the center nine patch blocks of Talkin’ Turkey.
The original quilt has a 5 x 6 layout. I think I’ll be going for a 6 x 6 layout so that means more blocks….no surprise that I’d make it bigger…right?
Originally the squares for the center blocks were suppose to be 2 5/8″ x 2 5/8″. Well I had plenty of fabric in my 2 1/2″ bin so I opted to use those pieces. I’m just sewing them with a smaller seam allowance. I’m sure it will work as long as I am conscientious about the seams I sew.
I’m hoping that by next week I’ll have the nine patches done. I only need 36 that’s an obtainable goal. Certainly I wish I would get further along but alas…I have new projects in the way. In the next year at this point I already know I need three wedding quilts, a graduation quilt and two baby quilts. It looks to be a busy year…that’s for sure. I’m sure there will be more than just these to do too.
You can find me back here next week sharing my progress.