UFO Progress

image_pdfimage_print

I have progress in the UFO department….

Look and see!

pfeffernuse-15

My Pfeffernuse quilt is a top!  I’m so excited.  It feels so good to have a project that is this far along.  I started thinking about where I am going to put this quilt in the line up of quilts waiting to be put on the quilt frame.  The good news is that this one already has a backing ready to go…dare I hope to get it done over the weekend…maybe.

pfeffernuse-16

What’s fun about this quilt…I bought a big box of scraps, many 80′s calicoes on a garage sale for $1 and they make up much of the string blocks.  The box was so big that there is plenty more to make another quilt.  Kelli saw this and said if I didn’t mind, she’d take the rest of the box of scraps.  She wants to make this quilt too.

pfeffernuse-17

I’m very happy with the border fabric.  It’s a piece I bought from Whittles Fabrics.

You can find me here next Wednesday sharing my UFO progress..oh my, I have to figure out what I’m pulling out to work on.

Comments

1. Linda says:

Lovely quilt top. I like your colour choices, they all work so well together.

2. PattiLynn9 says:

I love this top! You’re right, the border is stunning! Very eye-catching!

3. Carolyn Johnson says:

Wow! Very impressive! I always love your color selections!

4. Anna Singleton says:

I love this quilt. I may have to start it next lol. I am working on Bonnie’s new mystery and also working on her Celtic Solstice mystery from a few years ago. Happy Stitching!

5. Kim LeMere says:

Home from a vacation to Florida and hope to sew some this week, after laundry and getting some groceries in the house. Love your quilt its on my bucket list to make.

6. Anne Deedrick says:

Love how your quilt turned out! I think you should treat yourself and get it quilted soon. It’s a beautiful top!

7. Paula says:

I want this quilt! Love the combination of colors.

8. Inese Woodburne says:

Your quilt is gorgeous! Makes me want to make one too.

9. WOW!! I love this one!!!!

10. Nell says:

Does cleaning out the sewing room count??? I have been working very hard in my room to purge fabric I will not use, get UFOs put together, get tops and backs put together to quilt, and just get organized. I have decided that processing 1 tote (18 gallon) of scraps, reduce number of kits by sewing them up, 1 Bonnie and 1 Jo finish by August and a 30 UFO challenge from my friend Lorraine are my goals for 2017.
    I have clue 5 done, but need to finish sewing 2 and 4 (all cut). I did quilt a couple of quilt tops that have been hanging around and will be sending those to the Tennessee fire victims as soon as I get the bindings done. I am not sure that I will meet my Easy Street finish goal, but decided the donation quilts were more important to me.
    I hope that you will continue this Wednesday check in, so I have some accountability. :)

11. Maureen says:

Jo, this quilt is beautiful! I love the outer border!!!

12. ShirlR says:

I love the red and brown together, and the border fabric is outstanding! Very handsome quilt!

13. Elizabeth McDonald says:

Jo, this is a GORGEOUS quilt! Congrats!

14. Michelle says:

Beautiful!!

15. Cindy Wienstroer says:

Your inspire me with your work! Looks like gingerbread with frosting. Yummy!

Trackbacks

1. [...] And yes about all I do with my time is make things!  We did not travel this year as I had eye surgery at the beginning of the year and had one problem after another with it but it is finally healed now and the problem didn’t prevent me from seeing well enough to quilt.  Mike has accepted a new contract job which will keep us mainly at home again this year although I will be visiting my sister for about 10 days in the second half of January – she is having surgery and needs some help so little sis (I say little as I am younger by a year and a half but I actual tower over her as she is kind of little) is hopping on a plane and will be spending some time with her –some hand sewing will be coming with me but don’t know how much well get done.  Linking to Esther’s Blog and Jo’s Country Junction. [...]

2. [...] I also made some good progress on the goals that I set for myself to get completed during my time off. It won’t be long before I have to dig down and find another UFO to work on. I think I have finished all of my Bonnie Hunter tops that have been started, time to more on to something else, maybe Moonglow. That is it for me today, go see the other UFO’s being worked on over at Jo’s Country Junction. [...]