A funny thing happened on the way to getting my Scrap Crystals into a top.
I know, I know….it’s not Scrap Crystals.
Let me explain. I needed a leader and ender. I went in the UFO cabinet to get something and there was Bricks in the Barnyard a Bonnie Hunter quilt from her book Scraps and Shirttails II. That looked like the perfect leader and ender project.
Well over the course of the week I wasn’t feeling the best…I told you about the walking pneumonia diagnosis….Well being I was feeling so crappy I didn’t have the energy to dig around to find a couple of the missing pieces for Scrap Crystals so I sewed on Bricks in the Barnyard instead.
I know this doesn’t look like much but the blocks are nine patch blocks. I have all of the row #1 and all of the row #2’s sewn together….I am enlarging mine so I need 144 blocks.
When I pulled the UFO all I had sewn was the half square triangles. I sewed them together when I had my foot surgery a year and a half ago!
I went ahead and sewed a few blocks together too. It’s not a lot but something…and that’s my goal, to sew a little bit on a UFO every week.
Find me back here next week. You can see if I went back to Scrap Crystals or stayed with Bricks in the Barnyard….
P.S. I’m feeling a lot better. What a blessing!!