Oh my. I’ve hardly sewn a stitch all week. I think two different mornings I was able to get to the machine. I don’t think this week sounds a lot more promising. I added two new childcare kiddos to the group last month and it’s been just a bit more that I don’t get afternoon nap time like I used to. It’s okay and I don’t mind….plus I am still on a cleaning mode. Saturday night at 9:20pm I told Hubby enough was enough and I was going to the basement to clean out the freezers. We have two chest freezers and he thought I had completely lost it. Typically at that time of night the only thing I do is go up and sew for a half hour or so….but not Saturday night. I wanted those freezers cleaned. Happily he rolled his eyes, kept his mouth shut and came and helped. He didn’t have to…but I’m thankful he did. Oh, I’m so glad that’s done!!
But onto sewing….
When I did sew, I played with this…
You might remember a blog reader sent this….There were about four pieces like this…
I ended up cutting them up into blocks….all are 6″.
Then I figured out how many I needed and how many I had. I didn’t have enough. So…I sewed the leftovers together.
I ended up getting enough…I paired it with plain alternate blocks. I have a really closely colored batik. At a distance, I can’t tell the difference but up close I can.
Plans are to add a small narrow border and be done. It will be a charity quilt. I’ll add some brightly colored binding.
I also finished up my churn dash blocks and sewed a very, very few of them together.
…and on the string quilt front, absolutely NOT a THING happened. I’m hoping you all can inspire me with your progress!!
This next week is another busy week ahead. Who knows if I’ll bet back to the string quilt. Fingers crossed I make a little progress!!