My weekend was filled with and auction, quilt show, and then processing the things we got at the auction. I didn’t have sewing time. OH NO!! Aw…it’s okay. There will be time for that.
I did finish Daylilies and showed it off on Friday. That’s one more string quilt DONE!! I am incredibly happy to have it done!! If you missed that post, catch it here. Thanks to all of you who commented with such kind words about the quilt.
So now I more on to another quilt from the book. I have two left.
Pineapple Crazy, which is a top….I found a backing for it! I had picked something before but hated it. Yahoo. This is MUCH better. Now to piece it together and get it quilted.
The other quilt left is Tulip Fields. I got that out and have it set up on my 15-91. I don’t have the string piecing done on it, or even started, so it will be a mess. It always is with string quilts. I did make a change in plans. Originally I thought I was going to do the quilt all batiks…but I’m kind of ready to do something different. The last several quilts I did were batiks so time to change it up. I am doing fall colors. My point of the tulips are a batik (red toned) and my sashing is a yellow/orange batik (more golden)…I thought fall colors with that might be fun.
I’ve been working on trying to make a bit more of a “focused” scrap quilt. To often I throw every single color in and aren’t as selective as I sometimes want to be…so very few blues on this one. This is a shocker. I always try to squeeze in blue…AND RED!! I haven’t pulled scraps yet so I started working on step “C”…(who says the first step should be first??)
In other sewing news…I looked at the calendar. We have a wedding in November. Well two actually. One is family but I hardly know them so, I broke with tradition and decided that I’m done making quilts for everyone in the family. If I don’t really know the couple and the invitation only came from obligation, then I’m not making a quilt. I did send a gift as we won’t make the wedding. With the rain we’ve had Hubby still has only barely started harvest. It’s troublesome.
The other wedding is a neighbor wedding. We know the bride and groom and the parents and like them all LOTS. The bride is a sister to one of my childcare families…the groom is on the fire department with Hubby. This one, I am making a quilt for. I did a long debate on what quilt to make…I tried to think of something they might like. Then I remembered that I have Bricks in the Barnyard as a finished top.
I finished it at retreat in August. The bride is a dairy farmer…I think it would make a great wedding quilt so, (sigh of relief), all I have to do is quilt it. That’s do-able for a Thanksgiving weekend wedding. Easily do-able.
So this week another quilt was checked off the list…and a backing found for the other and the other was pulled out. That’s good I think!! I’m counting it as a WIN week of work.
I’m hoping to have some progress next week. Life has been pretty busy so we’ll see.