This is a very easy stash report….nothing in …..nothing out…well at least that’s the way I am counting it.
Technically I did buy suit jackets for a total of $12. I cut up the suits for the wool….I really did catch a “wool bug”. I had suspected that I caught the “bug”, a couple weeks ago, but the purchase of the suit coats confirms it.
My pile here is four of the men’s suits….I have a red and a purple one too….those were actually in the ladies blazer section.
If you are thinking about doing a few wool projects but the cost of wool is intimidating, shop you local garage sales and Goodwill type stores. I can always find wool there. Typically I can find the suits for about $2 each. The sleeves and backs of the suit are always usable. Often times the front of the suit has some type of fusible stuck to it so I don’t use that part. When many wools are $30 a yard, using men’s suits is super cheap. Later in the week I’ll show you a couple projects I have been working on that use wool.