After I finished up my last quilt that the childcare families helped put together for me, I decided to put a charity quilt on the frame and make sure that my quilting machine wasn’t acting up. You might remember that the thread was breaking a lot. I guessed that it was likely because of the needle going through the thick paint but I wanted to make sure before I put a big queen-sized quilt on the frame.
I ended up grabbing a quilt top that came in from Diane. It was fire-themed and I had decided to keep that one and donate it to the next fireman’s benefit in my town.
Here it is on the frame.
Rather than let the quilt languish until I needed it for the benefit, I decided I’d get it bound and finished. I feel much better to have it finished.
So binding was next.
The binding fabric was a piece I saved from the mail. It came and I paired it with the quilt top thinking it might work for a binding.
Here is the finished quilt…
From a distance you don’t notice that it’s fire themed.
Close up you can see the cute little fire trucks.
The quilt is made with a simple block. It is all 2 1/2″ strip friendly.
I had a polka dot print fabric and used that for the backing.
For a quilting motif, I used a flame.
It was so windy when I was trying to take pictures.
I finally laid it out on the grass for one last picture.
Thanks so much to Diane for sending the quilt top my way. I’m sure it will be a hit at the next fireman benefit.