I have two sewing chairs like this and that’s what I use for sewing.
The tops needed to be recovered.
It is super easy to do. I cut the fabric a couple of inches bigger than the chair top.
I had a little helper…See?
I showed Gannon how to use his toy hammer and pound all of the staples in.
I got the first one done then did the second. The only problem, check out the design on this chair.
The cream-colored pieces are supposed to be fabric. Darn. How was I supposed to manage that?
I tried to take the screws out and that was a mess and wouldn’t work. I ended up screwing the chair back together and just did the best I could. It’s not perfect but I’m content with it.
This looks pretty good. The cabinet has a dark charcoal color for an accent. It looks good with the fabric.
The sewing room is a disaster but little by little I am checking more things off of my list. At this point, I really just need to be patient. It’s all happening…just never as fast as I’d like. But considering a week and a half ago, I didn’t have a plan, I’m actually doing REALLY well.
This little sewing hamper is going to get an updo too. So far, I have the legs painted. I don’t have enough fabric for reupholstering. I’ll get that when I go to Waterloo to get the countertop I ordered for the island.
That’s the latest for the sewing room. I’m still so excited!! I love how it’s coming together!