If you didn’t read the morning post, please read it first. You can find it HERE.
As of my writing this post, I know no more information about our grandson Gannon. If I find anything out it will be in a post tomorrow morning.
Kramer had a bad week as well. For those of you catching up, my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer in January. Monday was the start of his chemo and radiation schedule.
Monday went okay. We met with his PA before chemo which we’ll do every week. She asked how he was doing and we said that we had felt like Kramer was going downhill….his breathing and shortness of breath were concerning to us. She noted that and added that to his notes. She suggested having respiratory therapy have a look at him. We scheduled that for later in the week.
Radiation is quick…the people helping him are awesome. He has no complaints at all about the people helping him.
Chemo was longer….He actually fell asleep during it.
Tuesday a friend of ours drove him. He got home in the afternoon and was noticeably pooped. Then Wednesday morning…it was even worse. The breathing was worse. The shortness of breath was worse.
We called in…. They were worried he might have a blood clot so I needed to take him. We cancelled the scheduled person. I called Kelli to come and she came and finished childcare. She had already been at my house Sunday night through Tuesday afternoon helping out. So Wednesday morning she was back.
We left for Lacrosse…We met with his PA. She moved up the appointment with respiratory therapy. Kramer ended up being told he needed to be on oxygen while he was moving around. If he was sitting, he didn’t need it. She also decided to have an echocardiogram done the next day.
This is when we started having concerns about Gannon too.
At home that night, Kramer started using his oxygen. He felt some better but was concerned. He started feeling better using oxygen full time. So back to the doctor on Thursday for the echocardiogram and follow up on how he felt.
We kept things the same but by Friday, we were concerned. We got the echocardiogram test results call and it was hard to understand. Kramer had headaches all through the week that were unexplained. It was all confusing as even with the oxygen, he felt short of breath. We felt like he was going downhill.
Through this all Kramer has had headaches and there’s a nagging pain he has when he coughs on his right side. He’s also started having trouble sleeping.
The current plan is to give him meds to help him relax and not feel oxygen starved. The hope is that the meds will be an overall umbrella for managing the symptoms.
Kelli was here and managed childcare all week except Tuesday. Kayla came Friday and helped. She was scheduled to drive Kramer on Friday but after all the “stuff” came up, she felt more comfortable if I went so if there were questions I could better answer them. I’d have been lost without our girls.
People have said I should just take off childcare. I can’t. My families need care. Financially I can’t. Most of all, I need the normalcy of it all. The kids are so great when they come and say, “Joey, I misseded you!”..then give me a big hug.
So far, today is a bit of a better day healthwise for Kramer. I’m hoping this is the med he needed to balance things out and take care some of the problems he’s been dealing with.
As for the coming week…I’m taking Monday off from childcare. With Gannon in the hospital, and us needed to be in Lacrosse at 7 am we thought it best. We’ll hit the ground fresh on Tuesday then.
In the meantime my today has been a series of updated pictures and messages about Gannon.
Right now all of our thoughts and worries are with him.
What a week it’s been. It’s certainly not at all what I expected. We need a better week next week.