In between everything I’ve been working on I have gotten three charity quilts on the frame. The extra push to get the last two baby quilts done came after I cleaned the sewing room. I had a quilt top that was sent to me by a blog reader. The colors were great but it was a unusual size. It was long and narrow. I had put the quilt back time after time trying to decide what to do with it. I think the maker had tried her had at the Disappearing Nine Patch block and got tired of it. That happens to all of us from time to time. She shipped what she had done off to me to use as a charity quilt.
Finally after folding and sorting all of the charity quilt tops that are here I came to a conclusion. I would get my seam ripper, take it apart so I would have two baby sized quilts….and that’s what I did. I put together a backing that would be big enough to accommodate both of the baby quilts and loaded it on the frame…away I went.
I ended up with these two….
I had gotten to another quilt before this one….here it is.
These are all in a pile waiting to go out. It’s hard for me to get to the post office so I might wait until I get a couple more done so I only have to make one trip. I have some time off here and there over the next two months so I’m hoping I might be able to get a few more done…and get to the post office too!!
My shoulder does okay with running the quilt machine as long as I take some breaks but loading the quilts is still uncomfortable. I’ve learned to do it take my overnight pain pill and load the quilts then. A girl has to do what a girl has to do. I’m not giving up quilting….I don’t care if it does feel uncomfortable…and yes I checked. I don’t do any more damage to it by using my shoulder.