I finished up my Hopscotch, Butterscotch quilt.
It’s from Bonnie Hunter’s Adventures with Leader and Enders book. The quilt turned out pretty good considering it’s start. I cut the quilt out and then realized the pattern instructions were incorrect….ugh! I checked the website but there weren’t any corrections listed. I contacted the publisher and yep…there was a misprint. Those corrections are now listed on Bonnie’s website, www.quiltville.com.
Being I had the border cut out already, I decided to just go with it and modify the pattern. I ended up having trouble with the corners and had to make an adjustment. It’s not perfect, but it will do.
A splash of cheddar sure makes quilts “pop”!
I made leaves for the quilting pattern. I’ve been wanting to try leaves and this seamed like a good opportunity.
If you look, you can see I used a patriotic print for the back. The quilt is a graduation gift for a family friend. He’s a junior fireman on the local fire department….I am hoping this is a “boy” looking quilt.
The original quilt is in a 4×5 setting. I made extra blocks so it has a 5×6 setting….I thought a bit bigger would be best. It’s 72″ x 80″.
As you see, my little buddy Gracie is feeling a bit better….at least well enough to pose for a few pictures.
I am working on another quilt from the book, but it’s going slow….true leader and ender projects do. I am guessing I’ll get anxious and will be sewing on it as a regular project before long….