Hip to be Square: Tutorial

image_pdfimage_print

If you are new to the blog, welcome.  You have reached an archived  free pattern.  We typically put up new blog post twice daily so there is always something new and fresh here.  Click HERE and see what’s new today…

As promised, I put together a tutorial to make my quilt I am calling “Hip to be Square”.

Please follow this link to see the completed quilt where it is all quilted and more details are shown.  In the meantime, here is a link to a printable pattern.

A viewer made this quilt already.  If you would like to see her color choices, you can find that here.

You can find MANY other free patterns on our site by looking under the free patterns tab at the top of the page under our banner.  Stop by again…

Comments

1. Donna says:

This is a really neat quilt pattern! Thank you for sharing!

2. patricia says:

Thank you so much for sharing this great quilt pattern.

3. Angie says:

I’m so excited that you shared this tutorial with us. I love this quilt and I think I will pull some fabrics to make a block or three TODAY—smack dab in the middle of all other ‘beginnings’ on my cutting table. :)

4. Debbie B says:

Thanks, Jo! This one is a cutie! Should be fun to sew.

5. Thanks Jo! This is such a fun pattern…perfect for men’s shirts!
    P

6. Brenda says:

Thanks I am starting this quilt today.I love plaids and strips. Great for a man’s quilt.

7. cindy says:

Thanks for sharing the pattern with us. I probably won’t be starting it today, but soon.

8. Elaine says:

Thanks for the great printable pattern. Your quilt looks wonderful.

9. Charity says:

Thank you for sharing!

10. Linda says:

Thank you. This is one I want to do. Good luck with your new machine.

11. Cute quilt. Thank you for sharing the pattern. This could be a great stash-buster.

12. Susan says:

This is such a versatile quilt pattern – looks different with different fabrics – a winner!!! Thanks for the pattern!!

13. Cathy says:

Joe – I’d love to have this pattern but for some reason once I pull it up (and I can see the whole pattern on my screen) and then try to print the pattern – my printer says there’s only 1 page and only a portion of the page actually shows up. – is there any way you could email me the pattern and I could print directly from the email? PDF file would be great. Thanks! -Cathy

14. Is there a way to get a picture only of “Hip To Be Square?” I don’t want everything on the page but do not know how to get the picture without all the other stuff on the page!

15. Jo says:

Yes…Just right click on the photo. Copy it and paste it into a Word document.

16. Alice says:

What a cute and uncomplicated quilt. I will make this one! I really like your choice of colors and using red and yellow centers keeps my eyes jumping. I especially like that your pattern instructions are so clear and illustrated just perfectly. Thank you for sharing.

Trackbacks

1. [...] I do love the blues and browns.  If you are looking for the original pattern and original quilt, you can find that here.   Thanks so much for sharing Mary!! Filed Under: Uncategorized Leave a [...]