I had a free weekend with no real commitments besides errands. It’s been so long since I had a free weekend. I was so happy!! I decided I would have a couple hours so I was going to start working on the letters for Georgia’s baby quilt. I started in on the letter “A” and within a short time was frustrated.
Here is my sewing set up…I am doing this quilt on the 15-91 Singer. I have my awesome lamp. I have everything handy….or so I thought. I ended up frustrated. Making the letters is tedious…I like doing it but sewing them was taking so many up and downs. Sew a couple seams, hop up, turn around and iron. AHHH! I was never going to make any progress!
That’s when I remembered that Winnie at Nido Goods had asked me if I was interested in testing out her new wool ironing mats. This day was a PERFECT day to give it a try. I just needed to reconfigure my sewing room a bit.
Here’s what I came up with….
See the little wooden TV tray I have by my sewing machine?? PERFECT for my new Nido Wool Mat.
This one is the 13.5″ x 13.5″ mat. I have to say I have used other wool mats and liked them. I wasn’t sure I needed one this size. Typically I chain piece a bizillion pieces and then iron for hours so I don’t always need this. For these letters…or for block of the month type projects I am sold on having the mat close and right by my side.
So about the mat….it’s from a new company that is just starting. The owner is Winnie and she’s been super sweet to work with. She contacted me about the mat right about the time Kramer passed away. I said I would review it and then the chaos hit here. I asked her to be patient with me and she was wonderful– Seriously wonderful and understanding.
Winnie is a beginning quilter and like many of us quilting at our dining room table. She was so tired of having to have an ironing board set up and jumping up and down to iron a unit. Thus came the idea to jump right into sewing and have wool mats manufactured. Oh my…what a brave gal to jump right into business!!
I am very impressed with the mat. It is MUCH more pleasant smelling than my original wool mats. Those smell like wet sheep…seriously. This one has a faint smell…if you’ve worked with the mats, you know what I mean.
I was skeptical when I got the mat…but the things I’m pressing come up so much nicer….and this size perfect. I have a different mat from a different company that is 17″ x 24″. I like that, but for where I am working it’s big, to big. This one is so handy. It’s an easy grab and go size.
So how do I rate it?
I’d give it an A+!!
Here’s a little more of the nitty gritty about the mat:
- NO SLIP GRIP! – Our wool mats are made from the highest quality 100% authentic New Zealand wool. The thick wool texture provides exceptional grip and stability for patchwork and makes pressing a breeze!
- EFFECTIVE – The dense wool fibers have excellent heat retention, allowing for heat to be delivered from both sides. This makes it quick and easy to achieve those crisp, flat edges! Our mats can also be used to iron clothing! edges!
- PROTECTION – Our ½ inch thick mat provides ultimate protection, preventing heat transfer to the surface below. Whether its your dining table or anywhere on the go, you can iron on any surface, worry-free!
- PORTABLE – 13.5 x 13.5 inch is the perfect size to take on the go- to classes, retreats, guilds and more! It’s compact and will fit on any workspace. Plus, its portable enough to tuck away out of sight once you are finished your work.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY – Love it or we’ll take it back, no questions asked! We care about our customers and want to make sure you are satisfied with our product.
Did you read that last bullet point? “Love it or we’ll take it back, no questions asked“. WOW. That’s impressive. Seriously, what business does that anymore? From the time I’ve worked with Winnie, she’s been so kind, I definitely believe she would take it back just as she says.
Winnie was also so sweet and extended out a coupon code in case any of you are interested in purchasing one. First off, head over to Amazon:
HERE IS THE LINK.
Put the mat in your cart
-Once you go to checkout there will be a box to put in a promotion code or coupon.
-When you are there plug in this coupon code: JOS15OFF
It is for 15% off from July 15th to the end of the day on August 15th.
How cool is that? I bet you’ll love it just as much as I do…and if you don’t, they will take it back, no questions asked. You won’t get that deal anywhere else!!
I’m so happy I was able to get in the sewing room. I didn’t get a lot done but I feel so much better that I’m making some progress on this quilt! Having that little mat is making it go much faster. Little by little it will get done.