Awhile back Kelli met one of our blog readers and picked up some fabric she had….It was a treasure trove of fabric. Hidden in there were leftovers from a project. Kelli said that she was told that the project got too big and then was cut down. It was easily usable but needed some seam ripping. I set it aside thinking…well…someday.
Then one day Hubby kidnapped me and I didn’t have a project prepped to work on in the truck. Without really thinking about it I grabbed the pieces and the seam ripper and jumped into the truck. During our trip, I got it all ripped out. It wasn’t even painful like seam ripping can sometimes be.
The project sat by my machine and for several nights in a row I just went in and sewed a few seams. I calculated that I might need a few more strips cut so I gradually worked them in. The project went together quickly and before long I had this….
It just goes to show that you don’t need a fancy project or fancy fabric to make a good looking quilt.
For the quilting I used up a red variegated thread I had and ended up running out about six inches from the edges. I just switched to a straight up red and didn’t worry about it. I don’t think anyone would notice if I didn’t tell. It’s not a show quilt….it’s one meant to be used.
The quilting motif is from The Pajama Quilter…called Dwindling. People have told me that her books and CD’s are sold out. I did see some on Amazon. Here’s a link. Pajama Quilter. I also see that Bayside Quilting is offering it too.
Anyway…I guess I have a UFO finish and it’s not even my UFO…go figure.