When I went to Goodwill this week, I was looking and I found this clock. I loved the piece and bought it because I think I am going to take the picture and clock out and add a cross-stitch piece in there. I haven’t looked yet to come up with something to put in there but I know I’ll come up with something.
I also found a frame. I’ve had The Apostle’s Creed from Heartstring Samplery and have wanted to stitch it for some time. In fact, I kitted it up and was thinking I might try to do a Sunday Stitch as some other cross stitchers do. They stitch a specific thing on Sundays. I’ve been wanting to stitch this and think it’s so appropriate to stitch it on Sundays. I had another idea to stitch one line of the creed each week until I’m finished. That idea I liked too.
So with that on my brain, I found this frame. I would prefer a different color I think. I measured it out and it’s actually not a bad fit width-wise. Length-wise it’s a little short…but, look a the picture above. See the pretty tulip border at the bottom? I had already thought I might just skip everything under it. If I did and made another change, I might be able to make this frame work..but then I looked and it might be too fancy of a frame for this piece. So, we’ll see.
The frame was only $3 so if it works, great. If it doesn’t that’s okay too. Chances are I’ll stitch something else that this frame will work for.
Now onto stitching…
When I last left you with my piece Heaven and Nature, I was here…
I made a goal of getting the house roof and windows stitched. That actually turned out to be an easy goal. Karl volunteered to drive to Buck and Lora’s on Thanksgiving Day and I stitched along the way.
I did all of it on the way there. It’s about a two-hour drive. It was just the thing I needed.
When we got home I moved the hoop and started on the lettering. I had Buck’s kids here for two overnight’s so I didn’t get much stitching done. I did put on a movie one night, I watched and stitched with them.
Here is the official progress report…
The roof is completely done. The house and the do-dads to the sides and above are all done.
I stitched the words…
I came over and started the row of flowers above the bird and star. These, are a bugger. They take a long time as there are many color changes.
I have to stitch an entire row of them under the house. I have a goal to get them done this upcoming week but I doubt it will happen. I have company all weekend so I won’t get weekend stitching time. That’s okay. I’d rather have company. So instead my goal will be to get as far along as I can over the week.
This is the whole piece as of today…
I know it looks like a lot but I really think I could have it done in a couple of weeks if I didn’t have company or Christmas Cards or some of the other things I’m focusing on around here. ‘Tis the season.
Stop by next Friday and see if I got the row of flowers finished. Fingers crossed but I doubt it will happen.