When I first started binding quilts one of my biggest fears was seaming the binding strip together at the very end. At first I overlapped the seams and didn’t sew them together. That was awful and looked like a bulky mess.
Then I got the binding tool.
I had watched Jenny from Missouri Star and she made it look so very easy. I ended up ordering one and loved it.
Fast forward a couple years….I lost it. I was too spend-thrift to buy another…so I started doing it on my own. Being I had used the binding tool for so long, I could kind of make it work without one using about the same technique only lazily cutting instead. Then I found my binding tool. But by now I was using 2 1/4″ binding instead so it wasn’t working quite right. So back to doing it on my own with no percision…but good enough.
That was working okay…then one day I was going through my Facebook feed and saw a video. I watched it…then rewatched…then when I was binding my baby quilt, I decided to give it a try.
I was thrilled and tried it on the baby quilt I finished recently. It worked splendidly and I decided to write blog post about it. So I started this post…but…do you think I can find the original video I watched. I couldn’t. BUMMER.
So…when I went to bind the Daylilies quilt I took pictures so I could show you how. If I can’t show the video, at least show you the pictures. Here goes…. Continue reading