I didn’t get a chance to get pictures of the quilt taken. I can tell you that it’s finished….well the quilt is finished. I didn’t clean up the leftovers and put the project box away yet. I can’t tell you happy I am to have this one DONE!!! I’m hoping to get some pictures soon.
After this got done I didn’t pull a new UFO yet. Instead I pulled someone else’s…. People have sent me scraps and orphan blocks and I’ve started building them up into doll quilts. These first ones must have been left overs from a baby quilt. The center fabric must have been a panel…I just added scrap to enlarge it.
Here was #2 of the same fabric.
I was out of the scraps by the time I got to the third one so I pulled some other donated fabric.
This big bow was an orphan block. I added a white border and then the outer red border. I think it’s cute…don’t you? Continue reading
Well I worked on UFO…not by choice though. After I finished my Scrap Crystals top I loaded it onto the frame and there it sat. I did everything I could to avoid it. EVERYTHING! I think I was stuck on what quilting motif to do. I really do wish I was better at just picking a motif and moving forward, but I’m not. Oh well. Busy quilts I should know by now don’t need any custom quilting.
There the quilt sat…it was on the frame more than two weeks.
Then I realized that the quilt was on the frame and I NEEDED to get Lucy’s quilt done so this HAD to get off the frame and I wasn’t going to unload it. So…away I went.
I ended up doing a simple loopy loop motif. It really isn’t much at all, but I like it.
It’s off the frame now…Lucy’s quilt is off the frame too. Binding and it will be done. Plans are that I’ll have Lucy’s quilt finished and I’ll show it off to you on Friday. The binding on this will wait. Hopefully not too long. I did pick out the binding so at least that decision is made.
I didn’t get any more UFO progress done. Lucy’s quilt had taken over this week…that and cleaning. Little by little that spring cleaning is REALLY happening…I guess cleaning is an unfinished object…right?
So how are you doing with your UFO? Me…kind of stalled out. I’ve got a cleaning bug right now and I’ve been going with it….isn’t a cabinet that needs a good cleaning filled with UFOs?? I don’t mean the sewing room either.
Can you believe that I haven’t touched my Scrap Crystals quilt? It’s still on the frame. No progress.
I did lay some thread out and thought I’d at least be the thread loaded….Then I couldn’t decide on a color…UGH.
I did finish the four blocks that I need for Bricks in the Barnyard. See? Continue reading
I’ve been going through the archives from time to time and reading something I blogged about in the past. I found this post and had a big laugh! Here’s what it said:
“Yes, I am starting a new quilt. I am warning you now that you”ll probably read several posts about this quilt as it is quite an undertaking for me….
It’s the Tribute to Judie quilt by Carol Hopkins Designs. You are probably sitting back thinking..it’s just star blocks Jo, what’s the big deal? Well, you’re right, it’s not a big deal. It’s a little deal. The blocks finish at a small 3″. The quilt needs 180 of these little 3″ blocks. WOW! At this point I am just raiding my scrap box using 1 1/4″ and 2″ scraps. My hope is to continue this way not using any new fabric for the quilt.
Right now, I have 9 blocks finished. I’ve taken a week to make them. If I continue at this pace, I’ll have the blocks completed in 20 weeks! I think I’ll just be slowly plugging along with the goal of having it finished by 2011.
I’ve been in love with the quilt ever since I saw it at Telecuma Quilt Shop’s blog…head over to see all the fabulous quilts and projects they have. If you like civil war reproductions, you’ll LOVE the shop.
How can you not love this beautiful quilt….I have a little box of cut out blocks sitting my sewing machine, waiting for me to have a few minutes of free time.”
BAHAHAHAHA!! That is so funny. I didn’t make many more blocks for this quilt. I ended up going and finding the started project and did a little count I have 24 star blocks done. That’s a far cry from the 180 I needed to make for quilt.
Looking at the pattern I see that it only makes a quilt that is 62″ x 74″. Well you know me, that’s not big enough!! So if I were to ever finish this quilt, I’d likely need almost 360 stars instead. Oh my!!
Here’s my bin of cut pieces that has been messed and needs to be resorted.
What I also find funny is that I later went on to design a quilt that needed the same sized little stars….this…. Continue reading