Biopsy Update for Kramer

Tuesday was appointment day and Wednesday was biopsy day.

I’m getting a little bit smarter when we go.  We’re packing a cooler with drinks and I made a supper that can be warmed in the microwave.  We’re trying not to spend much money.  Neither of us are excited about what we’re eating so good leftovers is plenty fine with us.  My niece Jody talks about a “bad news diet”- meaning you don’t really care about food.  That’s where we’re at.  Our hotel has a WONDERFUL continental breakfast.  It’s more like a buffet so between breakfast and what I bring and the breakfast, we’re just fine.

We had to check in for the biopsy at 5:30am.  Hubby got prepped and then we waited and waited and waited.  He was more than ready to go back for the procedure at 7am but he didn’t end up going back until almost 8:30am.

At about 10:15am the gal at the desk came and found me.  She said that she needed me to report to consult room #3.

This made me nervous.  I’ve not had to do this before and I wasn’t told to expect it.  The surgeon came in and told me that everything went well.  Then he went over the plan with me.  Ah…that was a relief.  I was worried something had happened that was more serious.  It’s a hard way to live but we all have a bit of “what’s wrong now” attitude.  Once we get a little more good news, that will eventually lessen.

He was out and ready for me to see by 11:00am.  Then it was time to do all the things before he could go home- drink-eat-pee-stable vital signs and walk.  We were on the road and headed towards home shortly after noon.

We left with no findings.  We were told that they will likely be in on Friday…so we wait.

Kelli was holding the fort down at our house.  She volunteered to do childcare for me.  What a sweetheart.  It was great she would send little pictures of the kiddos sent to me throughout the day.  It was good to know that they were in good hands.  Unfortunately the lot of them are sick.  Wednesday three went to the doctor and all came back with an ear infection diagnosis and meds.  Carver wasn’t one of them…he is off from childcare for the week as he has influenza A.  Ah…what a bunch of sick kids.

We came home to our neighbor shoveling off our porch and cleaned off sidewalks.  What a treat.  We were both pooped and weren’t up for all of that work.  We had gotten about 10″ of snow!!

We came into the our with the kids yelling “SURPRISE”.  Kelli helped them decorate for Valentine’s Day.

It was super simple but amazingly cute!

She had the kids paint on colored construction paper.  After is was dry she cut out hearts, helped them use the hole puncher and helped them lace them.  PERFECT!

I love the cute simplicity of it.
Here’s the section between the kitchen and dining room.

As for Hubby, he was pretty sore.  The doctor made an incision just above his breast bone.  It isn’t big but the doctor did say that being Hubby is so muscular and thick chested that they had to cut deeper than most.  He was still groggy from being but out so he headed to the recliner and stayed there the rest of the night minus a few ups for a bathroom break and a bit of supper.  His throat was very sore and he sounded super hoarse.  The kids had called and were alarmed after talking to him.  They had to message me to see if indeed he was okay.

I talked to him today.  He went to work before I was awake.  He was so happy to be able to go to work.  He’s always loved his job and truly enjoys going to work.  Right now he knows his days working the way he used to are slowly coming to an end so he’s treasuring the days he can go to work more than ever.  I can take the boy away from the farm but there is no way the farm will ever be out of him.  Right now, we don’t know how much he’ll be able to work for awhile.  If the lung surgery goes through he’ll be off for 5 weeks for sure.

But back to Kelli…after doing the whole day of childcare she stuck around and helped me with a few things and then she took all of the dogs home with her.  She has Ruby, Betsy and Puppycat.  All three dogs need a vet check.  She is taking them all on Friday.  That girl is so brave.  Who would EVER volunteer to take THREE dogs to the vet at once??!!  Ruby has been doing good but it always worries me a bit when she goes for a recheck.  She has thyroid issues and I always wonder if it will be acting up again.  I’ll know more about that on Friday I guess.

I’ll update you on the biopsy results when we get them.

Thanks for all the kindnesses that have been sent our way.  It is so appreciated!!