For the last two months I’ve been telling Kelli that I want to make new hot pads so I have nice new ones for the new house. We aren’t getting new appliances so I’ve been trying to think of little things to spruce things up- besides my current ones are LONG over due to be replaced. They are so bad I won’t even take a picture.
I told Kelli that when I do make hot pads that I’ll take “as I go” pictures and write it up for a tutorial on the blog. I was thinking ahead because if I didn’t I know someone would be asking for the pattern. The hot pads that I really wanted to make have set in seams and although I can do them, I sometimes have to “work myself up” for the task. So yesterday was the day…I was going to tackle that hot pad holder design that I had drawn up.
I remembered to take the pictures.
I used cute fabric- Moda’s Social Club.
The design worked.
I lived through the in-set seams.
I made it too small!!
It’s about 5 1/2″ big. I think I want something closer to 8″ big. I am happy with the design and think I’ll make at least a couple of these but they have to be bigger.
So I took my drawn pattern pieces and put them in the printer. Scanned them and then enlarged them…printed and then..UGH! I am out of ink. I looked in my stock of ink and have every color except black. For me, town is a half hour away…so I guess there goes my plans.
Now I am going to have to start all over at the beginning again with “working myself up” to tackle the in set seams again…that is once I get ink for the printer.
I don’t know if this really classifies as a finish…but I’m calling it one!